Over 100 companies participated in a global forum on executive education held in Kuwait March 20-21, 2012, in an effort to boost corporate learning in the region.
The first event of its kind to arrive in the Gulf, the Evolving Corporate Universities forum promotes continued learning in the workplace during the two-day event at Kuwait’s Gulf University for Science and Technology.
After Africa, the Middle East has the lowest number of corporate teaching programmes of any continent in the world, underlining the forum’s importance for sharing best practices in the field, including the entire cycle of developing a corporate university.
The event provided companies with the chance to benchmark and share knowledge with some of the region’s leading organisations involved in corporate university development. Topics included: governance and regulation, leadership and management development, branding and alignment.
THIS CONFERENCE BROUGHT TOGETHER:
- Educational experts;
- Corporate directors and business owners;
- Management educators; and
- Enthusiasts who understand the need that corporate learning has to business growth
- Economic and social importance of corporate learning and education
- Technology to support virtual and mobile learning across geographical boundaries
- Business performance improvement emanating from increased knowledge and skills
- Emotional Intelligence, Communities of Practice and Collaborative Working