1-2 MAY 2018
Vigor-Enterprise is the exclusive representative of Paul Rigby in Middle East and North Africa
Leaders must understand how to support innovation (tomorrow’s business) whilst maintaining today’s focus. Leaders must understand the implications of change and how to engage their employees to make change stick. It is one thing to understand change and innovation, it is quite another to get employees to do what you want them to do. Employee engagement has an important and often under-rated role to play in how change and innovation initiatives are implemented. Too often this important skill is viewed as a soft skill with no concrete ROI. It is ignored at the leaders’ peril.
This programme brings together these important skills and demonstrates their importance to leaders for the benefit of making your organisation “fit for the future”.
Using a story about a hive of bees stuck in a rut in their daily chores with a rigid hierarchical management style, the question we ask – are they capable of changing and adapting to a catastrophic situation? Do they have the leadership skills to pull them through?
The program culminates with the completion of the summary to capture the learning and actions against all of the elements of the program. We will produce a “helicopter view” summary that can be expanded and improved upon immediately after the program. A set of actions that can be acted upon NOW!
Reading of the book “The Bee Book” is essential for maximum benefit of this session
Discovery learning – pre-work (read the book “The Bee Book”) introduces the concepts for the workshop and draws out this information to develop skills and insights.
Activity based learning – engages participants in a series of exercises and activities to apply key learnings to their current change, innovation, engagement or leadership focus.
Application based – results in a structured summary of the learning related to the participants’ real issues in the work environment.
Contextually relevant – real life examples to build a common language for immediate implementation.
Research Based – leverage 30+ years of applied research on Leadership, Innovation, Employee Engagement and Change from key thought leaders.
Practical examples – With over 25 years of practical experience in the corporate world in senior positions with large multi-national companies; Paul uses his experience to bring out the best in the participants. They have used and applied these models in the real world and they work. They will share their successes and failures and explain the practicalities. They focus on making the workshop a real “live” experience. Add to this their passion about what they do and hopefully this behaviour will bee (excuse the pun) contagious.
- Learn core Leadership and Management competencies.
- Understand how change, innovation and employee engagement should work together and synergise with one another.
- Understand and adapt your own leadership style in the context of change, innovation and employee engagement in general.
- Understand how to lead the change process, the culture change, progressing the innovation ideas and the employee engagement initiatives.
- Understand the current strategy, what is required now and what the future looks like.
- Build readiness for change and innovation by creating a high sense of urgency.
- Explore how to communicate with employees and engage them.
- Understand habits and behaviours as they relate to change and learn how intact teams accelerate change and innovation.
- Learn how important employee engagement is within the context of good leadership.
- Apply the combination of leadership and management to optimise results.
- Learn about common mistakes leaders make and how to overcome them.
- Use The Bee Book story to relate to real world issues within your organisation.
- Highlight behaviours that are either “sinking your boat” or nurturing more engagement and productivity.
- Arrive at a common language to help move the business forward.
- Have fun, learn and develop.
About Paul Rigby
Paul Rigby is a regular keynote presenter and facilitator at global industry conferences. Having spent most of his working life as a senior executive in the corporate world, Paul now consults with business partners and frequently assists them with their change, innovation, leadership and employee engagement efforts. Paul helps organizations to lead and successfully transform businesses in times of change. He has an incredible energy and passion plus an ability to translate his hands on experience to the business world. Paul has travelled to over 45 countries delivering keynote addresses and workshops to large multi-nationals, government organizations, SMEs, business schools and non-profit organizations. Paul is the author of “The Success Formula” a book on leadership and “The Bee Book” a parable about change, innovation, employee engagement and leadership.